Interior Roads Ltd. (IRL) has been in operation since 1988 and currently services Highway Maintenance Service Areas 16 and 17 in B.C.’s Interior, an area that stretches from Williams Lake to Bella Coola to Spences Bridge. Through the last decade, we have strived to provide high levels of cost-efficient services in a manner that safeguards the most important objective of highway maintenance â€” public safety.
IRL is a member of The Dawson Group, which includes the respected Dawson Construction Ltd. and Eagle Rock Construction Ltd. Both companies have been instrumental in building B.C.’s transportation and civil infrastructure.
We are looking to fill several Seasonal Full-Time Winter Auxiliary positions for the 2018/2019 Winter Season (December â€“ March) in Lillooet, BC.
- Variety of tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges
- Maintenance and demolition work
- Acting as swamper on trucks hauling heavy equipment, supplies and materials
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Fueling equipment with tidy tanks
- Making chains
- Changing blades on plows
- Available to work a variety of shifts depending on yard requirements and road response times
- Minimum Class 3 with Air brake endorsement preferred
- Must be able to chain up a truck (Reasonable fitness level)
- Familiar with operation of simple power tools
Why work for us?
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established family company with a family-oriented work environment. We value trust, honesty, integrity and we are committed to providing an environment that supports growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization as a whole. Interior Roads Ltd. offers a competitive compensation, group pension and benefit package, as well as career advancement opportunities.