Information Bulletin from the Cariboo Regional District
Williams Lake, B.C. – The Cariboo Regional District activated its Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) today, April 17, 2020 to respond to flooding issues in the region. Road conditions are being assessed and affected residents should contact the Emergency Operations Centre.
There are some areas in the region currently experiencing high stream flows and flooding. Conditions for major roads are reported at the Drive BC website and forest service roads are reported at the Forest District webpage.
The CRD is available to provide assistance related to flooding issues:
If you are experiencing flooding issues that affect your home or business, please contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977.
- If your access is cut-off due to flooding, please shelter in place, which means you should stay where you are and stay safe. Contact the CRD if you need assistance.
- If you are safely able to provide photographs, please email them to email@example.com
- Please remember to practice social distancing and wash your hands often to adhere to COVID-19 safety
Call the Cariboo Regional District’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After hours, please call the CRD’s regular phone number at 1-800-665-1636 and press 5 to reach our after-hours emergency line.
People living near a river or stream can take some precautions to reduce the risk associated with a flood.
- Prepare personal emergency supply kits for your home, car and work (plan for at least a three-day supply of food and water for each family member)
- Have a grab-and-go kit ready if you have to leave your home quickly
- Keep important papers in watertight containers and have a record of your valuables in a safe place
- If flooding is likely in your area, pay attention to the local media for information
- Watch for warning signs: increase in height and intensity of water flows, mudslides, debris in creeks, colour changes in water or leaning trees
- Know that banks of rivers and streams may be unstable and dangerous
- Keep a safe distance away from fast flowing water, especially children
- Teach your children about flood safety
- Consider arrangements for your pets and any livestock
Find more information on flood preparedness, current freshet conditions and emergency updates at:
- CRD Website
- CRD Emergency Operations Facebook Page
- Road Conditions:
- Prepared BC– Disaster Readiness Information
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page as well as the CRD website. For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily).
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders or other emergency updates.
Cariboo Regional District Emergency Operations Centre