The Dawson Group wrapped up our second annual United Way campaign this week, raising $21,100 for our local communities! Across the province we also held volunteer events and other creative fundraising events to create even more ripples of positive impact in our communities.
Day of Caring Events
- November 17 – Dawson International Truck Centres in Vernon – Delivered pallets of food to distribution centres
- November 18 – Dawson International Truck Centres in Vernon – Delivered Good Food Boxes to seniors and people with disabilities
- November 25 – Dawson Road Maintenance in Fort St. John – Volunteered at the Women’s Resource Centre, decorating and sorting food/supplies
- November 26 – Dawson International Truck Centres & Dawson Group in Kamloops – Painted the inside, store front of the Food Hub Pilot Project building
Additional Fundraising Efforts
- Dawson Road Maintenance in Bulkley Nass & North Peace organized a 50/50 draw
- Dawson Group in Kamloops – Organized a barbecue for a BBQ and organized a jean week
A big thank you to our United Way Campaign Organizers for their hard work in coordinating our events. Also, a special thank you to those across our organization that got out to volunteer, hung posters and encouraged participation! We appreciate you!!